Manald Heal Mechanics 2.4.3

• Tach zusammen,

hab hier mal eine schöne Zusammenfassung gefunden wie der Manald Heal Ring und Paralysis funktioniert, und wie nicht.

"Jan 5
    (Edited)
    Gather 'round fellow wizards, it's a new year, and time for new builds. =)

Season 9 brings the Manald Heal ring (pff Manald, right? ...WRONG). Manald Heal can deal tremendous amounts of damage if used properly. GR builds with MH will be clearing in the 90+ range.

While I still think Paralysis chance should be adjusted a tad higher, and some item interactions could be better, overall I feel MH is a great improvement for the wizard class, introducing many new builds that are approaching FB archon levels of play.

Big thanks to anyone and everyone who assisted and researched manald mechanics or gave advice for making these builds better. Including but not limited to:

Vox - Malakai - GBrav13 - TinneOnnMuin - Christos - StoleOwnCar - MasterJay - aloc - Angry - Davlok - Adria

Loves!

Without further - lets dive in.

Here is the playlist for all build videos if you'd prefer that method. I will list out links for each build below as well.

[2.4.3] Builds - YouTube

-----

Mechanics.

General list of Manald Heal (MH), Paralysis, and other related mechanics, mostly taken from the Manaldo thread:

Manaldo Mechanics - Diablo III Forums

Edit (1/23/2017): Important testing just in:

Elemental % damage on gear does NOT increase MH proc damage.

Furnace Elite damage does NOT increase MH proc damage.

Powerful (BoP gem) Elite Damage does NOT increase MH proc damage.

Powerful (BoP gem) Multiplier does increase MH proc damage.

Sunkeeper Elite Damage does increase MH proc damage.

Unity Elite damage does increase MH proc damage.

Strongarms does increase MH proc damage.

Audacity does increase MH proc damage.

Power Hungry does increase MH proc damage.

Trapped does increase MH proc damage.

Zei does increase MH proc damage.

Starfire does increase MH proc damage.

Orb of Infinite Depth does increase MH proc damage.

Slow Time: Time Warp does increase MH proc damage.

Black Hole: Spellsteal does increase MH proc damage.

Taeguk, Magic Weapon, Sparkflint, Unwavering Will does increase MH proc damage.

Stone of Jordan Elite Damage does increase MH proc damage.

Stricken does increase MH proc damage.

Deathwish does increase MH proc damage.

Pig Sticker - Beast Damage does increase MH proc damage.

Pig Sticker - Human Damage does increase MH proc damage.

Elemental Exposure does increase MH proc damage.

Toxin does increase MH proc damage.

Convention of Elements Lightning phase does increase the damage of MH procs.

Oculus ring spawns increase the damage of MH procs.

Bastions of will set increases damage of MH procs.

Endless walk set increases the damage of MH procs.

For more info on the tests I did to find the above, see these links:
    [2.4.3] (S9) Manald Heal Builds + Mechanics - Diablo III Forums

All my d3planner links now updated, in general, try for AS or INT on amulet. Bracers updated to not have Lighting %, the exeption being Archon builds. These will still need to have Lightning % on bracer to tell the Vyr2 bonus to assume that type of damage when in archon.

Continuing with MH mechanics:

Paralysis applies on cast. MH damage appears to be applied on hit (based on testing, deals damage in line with spell damage ticks).
    Paralysis is a static 15% chance to stun. Chance is NOT multiplied by skill proc coefficients.
    MH can deal damage multiple times per Paralysis proc, assuming the player is channeling or continually attacking the target.
    If Paralysis rolls "true" on cast: multiple spell ticks per attack cycle can be sent that will apply paralysis to any enemy hit.
    Per target, if an enemy is affected by paralysis, they can take damage from MH within 1.5s of time. Any spell damage tick that hits them can potentially proc MH, assuming that spell is allowed to proc MH (more on this below).
    MH can only proc on targets that have had paralysis applied to them.
    Damage from MH is applied instantly, from the same cast / tap of a spell that procs paralysis. You don't really need to hit twice to proc MH (though it does proc MH more times on targets already affected by paralysis).
    MH can proc on different targets at near the same time. See: Electrocute Different Targets proc - Imgur
    Paralysis passive or a hellfire amulet with Paralysis is required for MH to work.
    Any skill that can proc Paralysis can proc MH (Note: this includes lightning hydra, does not include MW:Electrify). This means you must use lightning skills to deal MH damage, and the skills have to be cast by you. Additional damage from non-lightning sources does NOT proc MH any faster.
    MH damage is applied even when Paralysis stun effect is ignored due to CC resistance ramp (Credit Vox and Adria).
    MH damage increases when you slot more CHC and CHD on gear.
    MH likely has no ICD in place.
    MH does NOT proc area damage.
    Skill damage on gear does not increase MH proc damage.
    MH does NOT proc from Etched sigil casts.
    AT:SD can proc Manald in sets of two at the same time, on the same target. See: AT:SD double Manald proc - Imgur
    Electrocute chains can proc Manald in multiples of two at the same time, on the same target. See: Electrocute double Manald Proc - Imgur
    Shame of Delsere AS bonus does affect (increase) the rate at which MH can proc.
    Items that deal lightning damage do NOT proc MH. (Fulminator, Shard of Hate, Thunderfury, etc.)
    Wreath of Lightning does NOT proc MH (but can still proc Pain Enhancer).
    Wyrdward % chance to stun is multiplied by spell proc coefficients. Wyrdward % chance to stun does not apply towards increasing Paralysis chance, and does NOT assist in proccing MH.
    Same thing with Zei's stun: multplied by proc coefficients. Does NOT help proc Paralysis. Does NOT assist in proccing MH damage.
    Delsere 6 piece bonus will NOT increase the damage of MH.
    Dovu Energy Trap does NOT increase the duration that MH can proc. (Credit Adria)

Still to confirm:

lightning skills cast by Mirror Images can proc MH?
    Does MH proc damage increase from CHC and CHD skill and legendary gem buffs? (Note: already tested for gear affixes)

-----

The fact that MH can't proc Area damage means it may not scale into the highest of group GR. When you combine this with archon builds having a hard time getting stacks at the higher GRs, the wizard class might not make it into the group meta as a DPS role. This isn't to say it does terrible damage, I'm just saying the scaling of the damage is limited by these mechanics.

-----

Attack Speed & Most known suitable skill choices.

Since Paralysis is decoupled from proc coefficients, this makes skills with speed coefficients > 1 more appealing. This means, AT:SD, Electrocute, and Disintegration Wave (Archon) all are prime picks.

It also makes stacking AS to meet higher breakpoints incredibly appealing for both:

Proccing Paralysis more often.
    Proccing MH damage more times within each Paralysis window.

MH can proc very rapidly at high attack speeds. In slow-mo vid testing, the lowest time noted between MH procs on the same target was .066 seconds (less than a tenth). This was from a Tal/Vyr archon test at the 15 ticks/s Breakpoint.

This is why all the builds listed below utilize attack speed. You'll want to hit max AS rolls on all gear required + Paragon.

Breakpoint tables and charts for speed co = 1, 1.5, 2, and 3 can be found here:
    Mechanics And Game Information Compendium - Diablo III Forums
    Above post is by APO.

Breakpoint table for Shame + Fragment (or just Shame) can be found here:
    Misc PTR Testing new Stuff - Diablo III Forums
    Above post is by Dolynick.

You can also use the wizard tools that are stickied on the forums:
    RoS Wizard Tools (updated for v2.4.2) - Diablo III Forums
    Post by Dolynick.

I use my own custom spreadsheet that I've built up over time. Just easier for me at this point. =)

As an aside, I think that it would be great if we had a disintegrate lightning rune of some sort, as suggested by RoneNeffect here:
    Manaldo Mechanics - Diablo III Forums
    This would allow disintegrate builds to exist with MH that aren't archon based."

Grüße

Andi